Vacancy for Deputy Head of the Network, user test the new resource to support GPs in identifying work modifications, plus a couple more weeks to enter your MoHaWK data.
Occupational Health and the NHS – A 10 point checklist for senior Trust Managers and HR Directors
See if your organisation is meeting the new recommendations.
- Are your health and well-being initiatives backed with strong leadership and visible support at board level?
- Will your occupational health services meet the accreditation deadline of March 2012?
- Do you have a clear agreement setting out the OH services required and the quality and delivery levels expected? Have you seen the new guidelines to help you commission effective occupational health services available from NHS Employers?
- Is your occupational health service accessible to all irrespective of where and when they work?
- Have you carefully planned the procurement of specialist OH professionals? Does your OH service train both doctors and nurses to specialist level?
- Have you agreed fast tracking arrangements for staff where this expedites return to work?
- Do you engage staff in assessing the need for and the development of occupational health services?
- Does your OH Service have an annual plan outlining its key objectives and targets for the year and how they will be delivered?
- Do you have a staff health and well-being improvement plan that is evidence-based and prepared and agreed in partnership between management, staff and unions?
- Are you producing an annual report of your organisation’s well-being?