Read about the Growing Occupational Health and Wellbeing Strategy launch on 20 June, the new Diploma in Occupational Health Practice for nurses, and much more!
Growing OH Trailblazers
NHSEI has also identified four Integrated Care Systems (ICSs) and invested to support their ambitions to create enhanced OH services across their systems, with a view to capturing their learning to feed into phase 2 of the Growing OH programme.
The outcomes of this work will be used to inform the development of a 3-5 year Growing OH strategic roadmap, a ‘blueprint’ for future facing NHS OH services, and programme of work.
The four Growing Occupational Health ‘trailblazers’ are:
- North East & North Cumbria ICS
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight ICS
- North West London ICS
- Greater Manchester ICS
Growing OH Community of Practice
The learning from these Integrated Care Systems is shared through a community of practice group to utilise OH expertise and local knowledge to inform the production of the national strategy and roadmap for the future of NHS Occupational Health Services against a “Fix – Focus – Grow/Innovate” model:
- Fix – “Quick Wins” and recovery activity
- Focus – Core transformation interventions
- Grow / Innovate – Innovative and new ideas, areas where further research evidence would be beneficial, areas where investment is required and examples of ‘Blue Sky Thinking’
The community of practice also informs and enhances each of the four ICS ‘trailblazer’s’ system-wide Occupational Health service improvement programmes.